Although I don’t love the physical aspect of exercising as much as I wish I did, I do love how my body and mind feel afterwards.
I mainly do yoga for my mental sanity, and the physical aspect is an added bonus. Here and there I’ll go to gym, on runs, or even quick 20 minute walks just to get some fresh air and ideas. But there are days when I just wanna lay in bed or on the couch all day! When these days and thoughts creep up on me, I do my best to get up and move.
There are so many benefits to exercising and I wanted to share the ones that I turn to, when I just can’t seem to leave the couch…
- I feel accomplished! Instead of self-loathing for not getting up and exercising. I feel accomplished for kicking my lazy butt’s ass! Such a mood changer!
- My posture improves! I work a desk job and also drive a lot, therefore my back gets really sore and I overcompensate that by hunching. When I don’t work out as much as I should, my back starts to weaken and the added stress of work and driving don’t help my posture. Whenever I catch myself hunching, I take that as a “you need to work out more” sign.
- Keeps me healthy! I honestly can’t remember the last time I was sick, and I don’t even work out religiously! Imagine if I did?
- Reduces stress! Like Elle Woods once said “Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy.Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands.”
- You’ll live longer! Duh, you’ll be stronger, healthier, and happier! #Win!!
I know sometimes we don’t want to do a damn thing which is totally fair, life can slap us in the face from time to time. Lazy days are totally acceptable, if anything encouraged by me! But, we have to remember that bad times don’t last forever and if we can stay strong and happy, we can get past anything! 👊🏼 😊
How do you get moving?