Netflix marathons aren’t my only favorite thing to do during breaks. This is the best time to renew and refocus, especially in the Winter when the new year is so close! One of my favorite ways to renew is with books!
I lead such a busy life, that breaks help me realize how much I’ve grown on a spiritual level. I can sometimes lose track of my intention, while caught up in stressful situations, and tend to overlook and forget details in my body and life. For example, I may be stressed out at work and I’ll forget to stretch my body once I get home or drink way too much coffee and completely forget to nourish my nervous system afterward.
Since technology is a big part of my life, and one of it’s major side effects is a short attention span, as well as too much brain stimulation, I prefer to read books than watch TV during breaks.
Below are my top 5 books to renew my spirit during the holiday break. I’ve read these books more than twice and continue to pick them up off the shelf during good or bad times.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: This book completely changed my life and perception. I read it for the first time in Dec 2012 and I will be forever grateful to my friend Sidney who recommended it.
- Treasure Yourself by Miranda Kerr: I was stalking Miranda Kerr on Instagram a few years ago and came across her book. I had finally decided to cut ties with the negativity surrounding me and this book helped me so much. My copy is so dirty because I always carry it with. I love all the positive affirmations at the end of the book.
- Classy by Derek Blasberg: This book is so funny, especially for an L.A girl, who is keen of all the stereotypes. Lol “Exceptional advice for the extremely modern lady”
- My Fight, Your Fight by Ronda Rousey: She may have lost her undefeated UFC champ title, but this girl’s story will definitely motivate you to be confident and kick ass!
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho: This book literally fell into my lap. I was sitting down waiting for class to start when it hit me. It follows the surprising journey of a boy. Once you read it, you will relate 🙂
“When we are aware,We have a choice”- someone wise once said that.