Happy Sunday, Friends! I hope everyone is keeping safe and staying healthy throught the quarantine. To sweeten up your time, I have another recipe for you guys!
This is my mother-in-law’s Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It is my absolute favorite recipe, she is an amazing baker and hoping I can measure up.
Here’s the video:
– 3 ripe bananas
– butter (SOFTENED)
– vanilla extract
– baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mash up 3 super ripe banana, the darker they are, the sweeter they’ll be. Pro tip, When you notice your bananas starting to brown throw them in the freezer and save them for whenever you want to bake.
- In an electric mixer cream 1 cup of sugar and half a cup of softened butter
**You don’t need an electric mixer to make banana bread but it definitely helps since the batter can get mushy
- Add in one egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix.
- in a separate bowl mix 1 1/2 cups sifted flour and 1 teaspoon of both baking powder and soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Blend in the dry ingredients and banana in the mixer by alternating
- First add a bit of dry ingredients
- Then add a bit of banana
- And keep doing so until there are no more dry ingredients and banana to mix
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips
- grease a loaf pan (I used Trader Joe’s canola oil spray to grease)
- Pour in the batter and bake for 50-55 mins
Serve and Enjoy! Let me know if you end up baking this recipe during quarantine.